WHO IS BRIAN DORFMAN?
Kinesiologist Extraordinaire with over 30 years experience,
40,000 hands-on hours, 1,000s of cases resolved.
Brian Dorfman has been treating patients and teaching for over 30 years. He has extensive knowledge and instructional ability in the areas of kinesiology, anatomy, physiology and the biomechanics of movement. Since 1985, Brian has maintained his own injury rehabilitation practice and is an internationally recognized healer. His ability to treat injuries has made him indispensable among Olympic and professional athletes, including national and world record holders in a number of different sports.
In addition to his hands-on healing work, Brian is also a Master yoga teacher specializing in the therapeutic application of yoga. He has over 20 years experience offering group classes and private instruction. Influenced by TVK Desikachar, Brian’s instruction focuses on helping the student develop a personalized, balanced practice. He incorporates asana, pranayama, sound and meditation to create an environment for the student’s innate wisdom to develop. He has also developed a highly successful flexibility training program for athletes to enhance durability, longevity and recovery. Along with Trish O’Reilly, Brian owned and operated one of southern California’s first yoga studios from 1984-2002. Although North County Yoga Center closed its Solana Beach center in 2002 it remains a teaching institution, accredited by Yoga Alliance at the highest level.
Widely respected for his unique vision and far-reaching skill, Brian’s annual teaching schedule includes engagements at various trainings, workshops and retreats nationally and abroad. He offers a comprehensive training curriculum for health care providers, physical therapists, chiropractors, athletic trainers, massage therapists and yoga instructors. In addition Brian is involved in the design and development of nutritional aids, sports equipment and therapy devices.
Brian holds a Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology from UCLA and is certified in yoga therapy, Chinese herbal medicine, massage therapy and cranio-sacral therapy as well as other forms of holistic medicine. He has created three instructional therapeutic stretching and strengthening programs widely available in books and DVD.
When not at the office, Brian enjoys growing food in his organic garden, biking along the coast, surfing and playing sports with his children.
Brian’s unique techniques have benefited many professional athletes
Just to name a few of the top Professional Athletes that have benefited from Brian Dorfman’s unique talents:
- Lori Bowden, Ironman champion
- Chris Byrd – Former IBF Heavyweight champion of the world
- Gail Castro – Represented the USA on the first Olympic Women’s Beach Volleyball team
- Jared Dudley – Phoenix Suns forward
- Shannon Dunn – 1998 Olympic Bronze medal winner in Snowboarding
- Lori Kotas Forsythe< – World Champion Beach VolleyBall Player, Bronze medalist Goodwill Games, 2X Volleyball Hall of Fame, Riverside Ca
- Heather Fuhr – Ironman champion
- Terje Haakonsen – International Snowboarding champion, holding dozens of U.S. and world medals, long-considered to be one of the best snowboarders in the world
- Mat McBriar – Dallas Cowboys punter
- Charles Nagy 13 years starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians. Pitched in 2 World Series. Pitching Coach for Los Angeles Angels.
- Paula Newby-Fraser – Eight-time winner Hawaii Ironman; “1990 Professional Sports Woman of the Year” – Women’s Sports Foundation; “Greatest All-Around Female Athlete in the World” – ABC Wide World of Sports & The LA Times; “Greatest Triathlete in History” – Triathlete Magazine
- Peter Reid – two-time Ironman champion
- Steve Scott – American record holder of the mile and three-time Olympian
- Greg Welch – Ironman champion